Wednesday 19 March 2014

Raybot Customs

I have huge admiration for Raybot, he custom makes figures, often inspired by comics, films or video games and mostly superheroes. His skill behind re-painting and re-scupling figures is something I find astounding, although he has made hundreds of these customs, all just as spectacular, I have added one example below, the darker half metal faced figure is Raybots and the other is what Marvel released of the same character. Now this is where his work inspires me, he is so talented at this he can create better product than what Marvel produce, same traits, its honest, and true to the character, with the same colour scheme costume, but is somehow a better designed, darker, grittier, more realistic take on him. He has clearly done his research, and is a true fan, and maybe thats what studios need more of, as it clearly pays of in this case. The sculpting alone is a better job, he's bigger, meaner. The paint work is more accurate, with none of those horrible bright blue veins, a more human skin-tone, and realistic hair. The costume is darker, more tied to the figure, the metal arm has much more intricate detail, and the guns is an added bonus. As I will be creating my own custom figures I find Raybot the most influential place to look.




No comments:

Post a Comment