Saturday 1 March 2014

Character research: Han Solo

By Callum Brown
Perhaps the most famous loveable rouge, its hard not to evaluate Han Solo when creating a character of the same nature, his heroics, wit and charm all add to a likeable and relatable character that the audience cant help but love. I think he already had quite a western look to him for being in Sci-fi movie, there is a whole theory on how Star-Wars is technically a western but that is a conversation for another time. My point being I feel the character is not only worth looking at for his personality but for his costume too, the cream shirt and dark waistcoat is popular in western movies, especially in the rugged way he wears it. His quick draw from his side arm pistol is another very western trait, as is the whole famous bar sequence pictured, I feel overall the character is a cowboy in a lot of ways and feel it is a great inspiration for my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment