Saturday 1 March 2014

Character research: Sly Cooper

By Callum Brown
Although the character of Sly Cooper is not something I am entirely interested in, its clearly a similar design due to the bandit mask on a raccoon, something I have found after already thinking of the idea whist researching the native americans myths about the raccoons bandit mask in my earlier post. I was tempted to throw the idea away after seeing it on another raccoon character but have decided that a native american myth is not something that can be copyrighted, as I also thought of the same idea whilst reading the stories I'm sure a lot of other people have done similar things while creating raccoon characters, its an obvious trait that is a nice touch to a character, in my case giving him a mysterious presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment