Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: My Custom Figures

Supergirl 

Supergirl is a very light hearted character, bright and bubbly. I wanted to convey this but keep with my same ongoing style that I had been, I thought for this custom I would show my process so you can get a better idea of how I am doing this. Firstly I collected the figures I would need to create the character, using the top half of ML: movie fantastic four Invisible Woman, ML Elektra's boots and lower arms, and Princess Leia's legs. I cut them apart using a knife and hammer, placing the knife down before hammering it down to cut the plastic up. 
 I then used Super-Glue to put the basics together, and made her a red skirt from the same material I made Superman's cape from.
I then printed out the 'S' symbol and PVA glued it to some bent plastic, before supergluing that to her also.
I then made her cape from the material and she was complete. The process is fairly quick once you have the pieces, however it's one that takes very careful movements, one wrong cut and you could have wasted a lot of money. I think she has turned out very well, and since a decent Supergirl figure was never sold there isn't much to compare it too, however I am pleased with this one, I enjoyed using a range of materials and mixed media techniques to get the result I wanted.



No comments:

Post a Comment