Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: My Custom Figures

Superman

Superman was especially difficult. I used a Marvel Legends Mr Sinister figure for the blue, space suit look, an Marvel Legends Iron Man for the wrists and boots, Superman movie figure for the head and neck, a twelve inch Superman doll by DC direct for the symbol, a wrestler's hands and I made the cape myself. This took many hours of hacking and gluing, with alot of concentration and precision in order to hammer the cuts straight and to align well with each other. I thought this one might be too ambitions for me, but I think it paid off, I wouldn't call it a re-paint but I had to carve alot of scum and black stuff off of the blue parts of the figure and buff it up for really make him look like he comes from outer space. My only regret with this one is the scruffy way the cape attaches.
Original

No comments:

Post a Comment