Wednesday 19 March 2014

What I intend to do for my COP practical

For my Cop practical I have decided to create my own custom figures I will call 'Callum's Customs'. Making sure I bear the characters previous costumes, behaviour, history, personality and interpretations in mind when I design my new versions of them, considering what they would actually be like, how what they wear reflects them and their personalities, firstly I will pick a few figures that I would like mine to be in the style of. I intend to use twelve figures that I have bought dating from under two years ago to just last week, displaying some of the best superhero figures that have been released in my opinion. I will then create four customs, only changing small things on the figures, in order to start understanding the process. Next I will create four more customs with fairly significant changes made, in order to slowly gain my skill from making them. Lastly I produce twelve of my own, fully customised action figures. So I will have twelve figures to base my designs on, then four to start practising, another four to develop my skills with, and twelve again to complete to a higher standard. Whilst I am exited to start, as it is an idea I have fallen in love with over the course of my essay writing and research, I feel my love for superheroes has flourished in these last few months as I have really gotten back into them. I am however feeling very cautious of how much this will cost. These figures are not cheap, ranging from £10-£50 per average sized figure. The bigger ones can easily come to over £100, and to finish with twenty (excluding the ones I have already bought) is going to be expensive. This also excludes the many I will simply be buying for parts, although I do intend to rummage around my garage, car-boot sales and whats available at comic-con. As pricey as this may be, I feel it is not only for this module but I will also keep them as a reminder of my childhood and love for the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment