Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: Starting to make significant changes to existing figures

Hulk 

The Hulk is such an iconic character that I felt I wanted to add my own twist to the character without straying from what makes him, all the appearances of him look so similar that I found it hard to find a place to start. So I thought about his back story, his history. He is a disgraced scientist who is now forced into hiding, a drifter who doesn't have a place to call home. After this I decided to start with Marvel Select 'Barbarian Hulk'. Having a beard and long hair gave the idea that he was a homeless drifter who's given up on looking after himself. I also thought that is not often that people actually wear purple trousers and so made them a dulled brown, like the movie version in 'The Avengers' movie. I did this by cutting off all the tribal-like clothes he was wearing and cut then into something that resembled ripped trousers. After this I decided to dull down his colour by using a light coat of spray paint from a distance. I am tremendously proud of my result, thinking it goes well with my Thor and Captain America in the sense that the design hints at the history of the character in some way.
Original

No comments:

Post a Comment