Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: Figures that inspired me

Arkham Asylum Titan Joker

This figure from DC Collectables is inspired by the final level of the video game Batman:Arkham Asylum. With decent articulation, certainly for its size, however I think its best traits are shown in the texturing of the skin, bone, boils and flesh are amazing, both in paintwork and sculpting. Not only does the flesh have a moist appearance, the muscle tissue has a bumpy surface which tethers into dry skin in a realistic fashion. The boils are done with the same amount of effort in detail, although I realise my opinion is biased due to the fact that I loved this design in the game, fans may argue that Joker should never be a powerhouse, and it is not like the character, however I think its perfectly in his character to do something life-threatening and crazy just for the opportunity to square off with Batman.  

No comments:

Post a Comment