Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: My Custom Figures

Thanos

Thanos or 'the mad titan' fell in love with the human personification of death, and promised her the destruction of all life, as his gift to her, in return for her love. I wanted to convey his power, strength and determination. I used the gloves, boots and face of the Marvel Select Thanos which meant placing a knife upon his face, and bring a hammer down on it many times until it came off with a clean cut, for each point of insertion, I also had to do this to the body of Marvel Select's Rhino, and swap the pieces to give him a more powerful, and less comical appearance. I used tiny pieces of plastic to create a symmetrical, sci-fi pattern for his belt.  I then used two pieces of plastic to create shoulder plates, and gave the whole figure a paint job, using black pray from a distance and a metallic gold  for the shoulders, boots, gloves, fave and belt. I feel this has turned out very well and is much more intimidating than the original, also I feel my skills are constantly improving.
Original

No comments:

Post a Comment