Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: My Custom Figures

DareDevil

I feel Daredevil is essentially Marvels answer to Batman, despite the gadgets. However he is mostly shown in a completely red outfit, which I am not a fan of. So I opted for a more recent design that has been released for him, something I feel suits him much better. Since I saw many similarities between him and Batman, I decided to use the same starting point, I used a Marvel Legends Captain America's gloves and boots, to add red, and brown buckles and belts to toughen him up, also from the Captain America figure, I then removed the Black Panthers ears, and stuck them in a more front and central position, to look like little devil horns. Now for the hard part. I carved out the bottom half of the head, leaving the cheeks in, and did the same technique to a Lord of the Rings figure, so I could match both halves of the faces together to create his mask. I then painted the horns, eyes and logo onto the figure to finish, and I was very impressed with the result. I feel I have created a better DareDevil figure than the studio could produce, and without using any parts of a DareDevil figure to make it.
Original



No comments:

Post a Comment