Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: My Custom Figures

Wonder Woman 

The DC figures are always harder to make, usually because its hard, if possible to find a good starting point. Here I used the DC Unlimited new 52  Wonder Woman, who I felt had ridiculously big thighs. so I made the costume both less sexist and more suitable by giving her black pants, re-attaching the via a slanted cut with a kitchen knife, so the boots protruded outwards a little, giving it a more 3D effect. I also made her a blue and silver skirt from a material I found at the market, and re-attached her lasso. I also cut out her elbows and replaced them with a Marvel Legends Elektra's arms, to give her double joints, I had to be very careful here, applying the glue with the end of a pen, and the arm is so small the glue was in danger of gluing the joint together entirely. I then used the same process to give her back her gauntlets. I am proud of this piece and feel it is better than the original. 
Original


No comments:

Post a Comment