Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: My Custom Figures

Magneto

Magneto has a very interesting history, as a young Jewish boy being subject to Nazi Germany, losing his parents and finding his powers at the time. In a world were people discriminate against mutants (Humans born with Super-powers) he fights for the rule of Mutants over humanity, and wants to wipe out humans, as he believes mutants are the superior beings, which is all ironically very Nazi. I wanted to show this Nazi side to him in my designs, but without hinting at it too far. I liked the ML: Xmen Classics Magneto figure, as he was nor too old or too young, and his very angular costume looks quite Nazi-esc. Although I do think the figure looks too small and fragile for Magneto, who is this big bad of the Xmen. I used parts of the Xmen Classics Magneto and Juggernaut, to give him heavier boots and gloves and add some much need red into his costume, I also used parts of the Marvel Select Magneto, as I thought the purple rim was quite signature for him. I then re-painted over my mistakes and sharpened everything up. I think my gaining skill share becoming ever present in my final results.
Origninal


No comments:

Post a Comment