Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: Starting to make significant changes to existing figures

Dr Doom

I've always been a fan of the character Dr Doom. Thinking of him a dictator and super-terrorist, this is what I wanted to convey in the changes I made to this figure. Since I had so much success with creating a cape on a Marvel Select figure in Thor, I decided to do the same with their Dr Doom. I used a rugged musk green material to create his long coat, I has never a fan of the mini-skirt on him so I decided to cover up the whole area. I like this design, I took inspiration from the recent Mandarin take in Iron Man 3, making him look more like a terrorist, however I deliberately kept his arms on display to show his strength and power, I also wanted the viewer to know he was a man trapped in this metal suit, not just a man in a mask.
Original



No comments:

Post a Comment