Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: Starting to make changes to existing figures

Thor 

One thing that has always bothered me about action figures, and that was the capes. They are always plastic, and I don't know why it bothers me so much, perhaps its the way it restricts articulation, or doesn't flow in the way it should, anyway, I decided to make one for this Marvel Select Thor. I decided to take inspiration from the film and give him pointy shoulders to convey royalty, (being the prince of Asgard, home of the Norse gods.) I cut off the previous cape with a Stanley-knife and also cut off the shoulders of another figure to create the pointed shoulders. I then hand stitched a cape that covered up all the mess I had made, using a vibrant red material as it was in the films, and especially promotional posters for the first Thor movie. I then used super-glue to attach it. I think my end result is quite nice, and after messing around and divulging in creating figures I am ready to step it up and make more dramatic changes to some more.
Original


No comments:

Post a Comment