Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: Starting to make changes to existing figures

Loki

I wanted to start with something small, something that didn't require much effort but gently stepped me into the process of hacking up plastic, piecing it back together and re-painting it. So I bought this figure of Loki, in one of his recent comic interpretations which I think suits the character and god well. Since it did not come with the characters signature weapon, I decided to make one, using a pillar from an old throne stand, and an axe from and old Lord of the Rings figure from my child hood, plus the tip of another staff. I think this work is a little sloppy, with fairly obvious points of where the axe attaches. I re-painted it with gold spray paint but still I find it a bit off, however its a good start I feel, and I will move onto something a little more important for my next attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment