Saturday 15 March 2014

Direction

When taking this film on I wanted to make every detail as historically accurate as I could. I felt the most honest, truthful and effective way to make the film was by doing this, everything that happens, everything you see, is true. I knew very early on the direction I wanted to take this film, what would influence it, how I wanted it portrayed, and how to use things like music and shots to their maximum effect. Most of the cast and extra's play themselves, I re-created the moments from my journal and my memory the best I was able to, alot of the time it meant being hasty and quick, but also often shooting and re-shooting until we got the footage I wanted. I stayed close behind camera with our camera man as often as I could in order to have a better view on things. I think I did a great job with this, as I am tremendously proud of the film, and I think it is near identical to the anamatic, and the final result is pretty much exactly what I had in mind since I first decided to make this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment