Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: My Custom Figures

Catwoman

This is one of my favourite pieces, I used only two figures, a Marvel Legends Storm and a ML: Amazing Spiderman 2 Black Cat figure. The full catsuit on storm already leant itself perfectly for a Catwoman body, the only problem was a lack of cleavage. Catwoman is a femme fatal, a villain who uses her sexuality and cunning to get what she wants, although she can put up one hell of a fight. As I thought this was an important part of her character, I used the Black Cat's cleavage. I took a saw to her and hacked it out, I did the same to the storm figure and placed the Black Cat's upper half in, I then removed the Black Cats hair and created a mask and Cat ears from an old Catwoman figure I had. To finish I gave her a slight paint job to cover any mess I made with glue. I think this is one of my most successful customs so far, looking feeling and having all the proportions of the character. I feel it is an accurate and brilliant representation of her and in my opinion is yet again, better than the figures they sell of her. 
Original


No comments:

Post a Comment