Saturday 22 March 2014

COP 2 - Practical: Starting to make significant changes to existing figures

Venom

I used the Marvel Legends Icons Venom (a twelve inch version of the Marvel Legends line) and carefully broke off the knees and ankles, taking away the lower leg to make him stand in this gorilla like way, the plus side here is that he looks like the Ultimate version of the character which is my personal favourite, however the downside is that his legs look a little weird, which is something I can live with. I also cut out his tongue and replaced it with a comic Hellboy's tail, so it had a nice posable swirl to it. I then went on to find a Spawn figure that had the spikes you see on him, I cut them off and applied them to the figure using super-glue, and spray painted over the glued areas. I think this part was the most successful of this process as it gives him that great 'alive liquid' look.
Original

No comments:

Post a Comment