Thursday 13 March 2014

Editing

The editing process was very tedious, any film that lasts over 12 minutes is going to have a painful editing process. I wanted to keep the shots going as long as I could alot of the time, to display the boredom the character was going through, and to give the audience time to take in what they were seeing, and to think about it. I had trouble rendering as the file was set to animation, making it a ridiculously big file size. I wanted alot of the cuts to seem unnoticeable, to I had a movement happen between them to make so they had a more fluid motion. I edited the sound we were given to fit, in order for it to play and change at the right time, helping to signify the change it emotion throughout the film.  found it very hard to edited down the 2 minute version as there was so much great footage and sequences that would be unable to make it to the final cut, I ended up having to take only the very basics, and mostly show what I thought was the most powerful part of the film, although I much prefer the longer version.

No comments:

Post a Comment