Wednesday 20 May 2015

Creating the Showreel.

When creating a showreel we had struggle, we realised that we were working in comics, and therefore not moving image, and a showreel would have to be unique. As soon as we were starting up a new business we decide to create a quick introduction video of the characters. When creating this in After Effects, I found that After Effects was moving my images in direction I had not told it too, this was because After Effects tries to move images mathematically, however strange it looks to us, to fix this I decided to key frame it as much as I had to until After Effects understood the direction I wanted it to follow. I found when rendering out the file it was 6.5 GB due to the image sizes, and animation with said images, especially the map, which had to remain a huge size as we were zooming in and out of it. I used music that was composed for us by an outside source, this was the same music used in the 2nd year 'Platypus Bill animation'. I knew I had to reduce the file size as it would not fit on the disk for submission. However this did not work, I tried Quicktime compressor, HandBrake compressor, Premier Pro compressor, Media Encoder and none worked, all made the video skip, loose frames, and distort although the settings were the same. Unable to fix this, I was ready to only submit a link,  or it on a memory stick, however I decided to upload this massive file to YouTube, and then rip it from YouTube using Clip Converter. I was then able to get the file under 1 GB, in 1920 x 1080p H264 as required. This did work well, however it still doesn't look as perfect as the big file. I then decided to re-render the footage several times looking at the bit rates, I tried 5,000 and 10,000, but both distorted the quality too much. I kept going up until it played the video to a great quality, I then rendered this out and I think its worked brilliantly in 50,000 bit rate, this came to 1.36 GB. I have however included a link to the 6.5 GB file in all its glory, which can be viewed at this address - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHJBKYFZ5mM

No comments:

Post a Comment