Sunday 3 May 2015

Building a Gustave Figure


 To start my Gustave figure I needed to firstly find a base, usually I would do my best to find muscular anthro crocodile figure, assuming there would be Killer Croc figure that would do from Batman, however all the snouts were too short. So I found the 'Crocodile King' figure from Spawn, and use the Marvel Icons Venom for the muscular body. As for the coat and waistcoat he wears, I found a perfect 12" slideshow figure of Van Helsing, with beautifully detailed clothes. However I soon realised that the coat would not fit over the muscles of the Venom figure, so I was forced to go over the whole figure, re-sculpting it and making the build small enough to fit the coat on, but keeping all the muscles I could. This process was difficult, carving and cutting plastic is no easy task. The next think I did was remove the heads from both the figures, and take out the crocodiles weird tongue, and replaced it with Venoms. After this I started putting the pieces together before removing the bottom of the legs, to give him a body shape more like my character, all of this keeping in mind the size of him compared to the other figures already made. I then clothed him with other pieces I bought that strongly resembled my characters clothes. Before adding the tail, shoes, gun holsters, a hat and other final elements that finished off the figure.

















No comments:

Post a Comment