Friday 9 May 2014

Playing in unity problems.

Although the walk-through of the environment works, and the film plays perfectly in the default layout in Unity, when we played the video in the 2 by 3 layout, or any screen bigger, it stopped working, It didn't freeze as the water still moved, but the camera refused to switch to the next. I was confused at this point, but I asked my tutors about the issue and they said I should go back into Maya, combine the crates together, the barrels together, the trees together, the footprints, the mess on the floor and so forth.  Before exporting the separate groups as fbx files and importing them into unity. I did this, and replaces all the objects in the scene except for the animation itself, lowering the polygon count to a third of what it was. This is as low as the poly-count could get for this relatively small environment. However the exact same problem remained. I then looked into the cameras, to see if it was an issue with that, and the textures, to see if a file was corrupt, I found none of this and have accepted that this is a technical issue. My tutor has also looked at the file and was unable to fix the issue, I do however have a quick-time file of the whole film, just the smaller screen it plays on.

No comments:

Post a Comment