Thursday 22 May 2014

Exhibition

In order to create a space for our exhibition piece we needed to take down the work on the walls carefully. We then printed out our environment concept art, and our character mood boards, showing the design process. I then printed out these boards in repo-graphics and mounted them on foam-board using spray-mount, guillotines,  rulers and stanley-knives to give it a professional look. I then mounted everything onto the wall with blue-tack. I would have loved more room to show the modelling and animation process however we ran out of wall space as we had to leave room for another group. We also put up our turnaround on one computer, our environment on another, and our final film on the last with headphones. We gave the poster artist pictures of our characters, and added our film to the showreel that played on the projector at the front of the room. We talked to Andrew Bennison from Update about our process, what we had to do and how long it took, and he gave us his business card. We also talked to a number of other people which was exiting, however I really enjoyed talking to the kids aged from 15-16, who seemed extremely interested about what we were doing, how we did it and how long it took, they talked to us about how to get in, what need to be in a portfolio, and how to get to were we are. This is the first time I have actually given life advice to the younger generation and I was flattered that they were asking. It also made me realise how luck y I am to be were I  am, and doing what I love. The whole experience was both a blast from the past and a glimpse to the future and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment