Thursday 8 May 2014

Platypus Turn-Table

I had many troubles trying to get the platypus into unity, first I followed the tutorial selecting him and exporting selected, animation, bake animation, embed media, but when I did that he went in and his eyes were above his head, and he was not animating. So I went back into Maya, selected the skeleton root, clicked select hierarchy, then selected the geometry. I then exported the selected again but ran into another issue, in Unity the eyes were animating way above his head but his body was not. I then went back into Maya and went into the outliner, were I found the problem. Nothing was grouped into the correct order, I corrected this by grouping together what needed to be, however when I then exported this into Unity he all animated but his shoulder was meters above his head. I was now running low on time, so I went back into Maya, went into the outliner and selected everything there separately, and exported the selected. When I brought this into Unity, he worked but I could not apply any animations to him, so he only did the one. Low on time I excepted this was a technical issue and exported all four animations the same way, and put them back to back in unity. I imported a skybox, a game object to set the camera to, a direction light and a plane. I also changed the smooth modes to calculate, and put the bar right up to 180. Whilst this fixed the smoothing problem, it also made his texture pixilated, but I fixed this by going into the texture folder and changing the resolution to the highest available.  I had to do this individually to all the animations as well as changing the mode from generic to legacy, and upping the scale to 1 before setting the camera distance 15 meters away from the game object.

You can view the turntable here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_m-B0pfn8&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment