Thursday 15 May 2014

Online Comics

Online comics is a relatively new media, in which you can download comics online and read them page by page. There is an obvious benefit to this, being easily accessible and not taking up so much space on the shelves, being able to read them on tablets and laptops, kindles and ect. However as a reader I am not a fan. You have to download a comic book reader, which opens the readable files, but you have to scroll through the page like a word document to be able to read the text, I feel this ruins the art of the page layout, and the way the panels are aligned, and also ruins double page spreads. This can be solved however, designing comics specifically for online comic readers could make them more dynamic, however then the printed copy would be weird. If the comic industry plans to go forward with online comics then I think the bet thing to do is keep them separate, or maybe as readers we have to make sure we are buying the correct version. I always think I will prefer a hard copy, but with technology ever on the rise, I will have to start thinking about working this way, especially in the third year when I maybe creating comics of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment