Tuesday 13 January 2015

Printed Version

I decided that after how proud I was of my comic, I wanted to see it as a comic. I decided to create a cover, I wanted to keep this simple, effective, I had put so much effort into making the comic wordless that I didn't want to ruin it by giving away information. So I decided to simply call it 'The Void' and put my name at the bottom in a smaller font. The font I used is a free one called 'Bleeding Cowboys' that has featured in my posters, and I think is the perfect font for depression. Rather than creating a index page that had information about the comic, and myself I decided to keep it black, as well as the fist page, last page and back cover pages. I did this intentionally to enclose the actual comic in a 'void' to keep with the them and give the reader this extra emphasis on the fact that this character is trapped in this empty place that there seems no escape from. By doing this I have given myself the opportunity to visualise what my work would look like in a hand held, physical form. I thought hard about how to arrange the pages so that is would read correctly when bound together, looking at how to arrange the pages to the appeared in the correct order. 







I did this my printing out the pictures in A4, arranging them so I could old them and see how it would work before putting them together on photoshop, making sure I left room for the staples, and space that would use. Before printing it. 








After doing this test and seeing how well it worked, I decided to go down to digital print and print it again so it was in a much higher quality, using the guillotine to cut of the edges, and using a thicker paper, gave my work a professional feel. Having this version, and the individual pieces to display, gives me a wider ranger of choices on how to display my work.










No comments:

Post a Comment