Friday 2 January 2015

Anthropomorphic comic

One of the early ideas I had for my practical, after seeing characters like Eryore from Winnie the Pooh, Ebony in Elephantmen, Spider in the Bath and the Black dog in the black dog book series, was to use an anthropomorphic character to embody depression, as clearly it is working successfully. I have had a project brewing in the background of university that has come up a few times, but never explored, and I thought that this would be a great idea to bring in. So I took a character I had been working on last year, a raccoon, for the black and white colour scheme, wispy hair, and other interesting visuals that I thought would work well for a character suffering from depression (the design board from last year is to the left)but I kept the design as upbeat as I could, as this character is set in a fun and adventurous world. I then furthered this design until I came up with something I was happy with. Before creating a small comic on depression, centring on him. This was an Idea I was keen on, and saw alot of potential in. However I soon dismissed it, as I beleived there was alot going on, and to consider, when I should firstly be focusing on how to portray mental health and depression alone, to make sure I can do it accurately, before bringing in other aspects such as a fantasy world.












No comments:

Post a Comment