Thursday 8 January 2015

Page Attempt

There is a page in 'Elephantmen' that describes depression brilliantly without using a single word. I have inserted the page I am referencing. The strong black borders cage the panels in emptiness, we see the character sat in a dark room, with the light hitting only him softly. This emphasises the idea that he is in this void. We slowly come closer to the character and see the weary, tired look in his eye. this was something I found amazingly influential, and I wanted to create me own panels inspired upon it.

























I was so proud of how this turned out, its better than anything I could have imagined I would achieve. So good that I have chosen to add this 'real world' section to my comic and will place the sequences before and after the the metaphor void sequence. Which was the final idea on my 'Ideas' post and my favourite one that I came up with. I am next going to move onto storyboarding the final comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment