Thursday 8 January 2015

Photoshoot

 Here I have original the original photographs from my shoot on the left, and the photoshoped versions on the right. This shoot taught me alot about thinking in terms of how to frame, and angle a shot while thinking about a characters emotions. I successfully singled out the character making him look lonely and isolated. I also played with the saturation in post to see what works best. I decided to model the shoot myself, and work behind the camera, I used a stand-in whilst I set up the shot on a tripod, before marking down the place and doing it myself. I did this because as a sufferer of depression, I felt it easy to let go of the facade people like me are forced to keep up and capture a very real photo, with real emotion.

Doing this shoot taught me alot about keeping the emotion there, and capturing it behind the camera. I like the result I have got and can see them in comics quite easily. Due to this, I have decided to not embody emotions in my character designs any further, and instead work from life, and using real people and models to copy from in order to keep some of this realism that I have managed to maintain here. My next stage will be looking at creating quick metaphors I could use to draw storyboards from. 




No comments:

Post a Comment