Sunday 11 January 2015

Final Piece

This is my final piece. After showing audiences my other versions this is the one that captured the reaction I was after. I found as long as the viewer did not know me personally they got the narrative I was trying to send, everything in these few pages are the way they are for a reason. Every detail has been considered and thought out to relay a specific message, from the dead plant to the rough, sketchy design of the comic. I am very proud of the piece I have created, and believe it speaks in every way I wanted it too. This comic proves that comics can be a great medium to represent mental health and depression. Some comics may not do it sympathetically, and some have, all with different tones and approaches as I have discovered in my dissertation, but evidently it can be done sympathetically and accurately in great detail.








No comments:

Post a Comment