Tuesday 22 April 2014

Creating the Alien - Week 5

The next stage consisted of creating the walk, jump and idle cycles. Which was all fairly easy, I used the control points to set him in my desired position, and selected all the control points and clicked on the first keyframe before pressing s, to set the keyframe. I then copied this key and pasted it to the last key so the motion could play on a loop. I lastly exported all the cycles as fbx files, and called them the name of the cycle. I then opened up Unity, created a new project and imported the files individually by going to import assests, new asset, and finding the file. I then clicked on the assets individually and changed the mode to legacy, and the scale to 1. I then dragged the fbx files in the assets folder to the Alien so he could perform all the animations. I then opened Mono to paste in the script, changing purple writing to exactly the same names as my animations, this enables him to select an animation to play at random. I then created a new game object, and set the camera to follow it, by changing the target under the mouse orbit script I added, under this script I could also change the distance and speed of the camera. I lastly added a sunny skybox and directional light to make the turntable more appealing. I saved both a web player version and mac osx.

No comments:

Post a Comment