Tuesday 22 April 2014

Creating the Alien - Week 1

The idea is to follow Matt's guidelines in order to create our own alien character in order to create our game environment character for the brief. We started by modelling, starting with a cube and growing outward from there, using extrude techniques and adding edges to grow body parts. This was all fairly simple as we were creating only half the model, so we could mirror it and combine the meshes. However creating the mouth and eyes was the hard part for me. We had to create eye-sockets and but in the eyes, eyelids and eyeballs separately, using spheres, and the mouth had to be a cut, with a sack on the inside, acting as the inside of the mouth. This was trick to get right in scale and in terms of modelling. I had to find my way inside the head of my model, and even inside the mouth to model to create it, which didn't leave much room for getting the right viewing angle. I did create this without too much difficult, I never got too stuck, and managed okay considering this is my first humanoid model.

No comments:

Post a Comment