Saturday 26 April 2014

Adding to the environment

By Callum Brown

There are elements of the environment that the anamatic requests however there was not time for our modeller to do so I took over. It was easy work. In order to create the the empty barrel and crate, I simply duplicated them, and in the duplicate I deleted everything except the side face, before laying it on the floor, I then deleted the side face from the original models. I lastly added scratch marks to the texture and re assigned them to the models. I then duplicated alot of the trash and moved/rotated it so it lead to a barrel and crate, and put some inside. I then made a loaf of bread by creating a a cube, made it longer, and put on edge loops on the bottom and left and right of the loaf, I then added an edge along the top and pulled it down, now it already looked good in the smooth preview so I went to mesh - smooth. I then moved a chunk away and added lots of edges pulling them up and down to create mite marks. I then selected the sides and used planar mapping from the camera to project the map. I then used the same technique as I did on the raccoon to texture it.My next part was easy enough, I created the '!' and '?' marks buy creating them in photoshop and saving them as TIFF files, making sure I had the 'keep transparency' box ticked, so when I assigned them to a plane they had no background, I also used this technique for the fur on the floor, the footprints and thought bubbles of the t-rex, except I drew the t-rex's by hand, and only coloured them in photoshop.With the footprint I simply made a pair, then duplicated them so they formed the path.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment