Tuesday 22 April 2014

Creating the Alien - Week 2

The next stage of creating out Alien was UV mapping. Firstly we had to make sense of the mesh in the UV texture editor, which meant using the planar mapping to project a new map. We then split the map up to make it more manageable. I selected the edges around the limbs, and behind the back, going from the torso to the end of the limb before converting them to UV's and cutting the UV edges. I then selected the opposite edges and converted them to UV's  and then unfolded them, ticking the appropriate box's, (unfold vertically, horizontally, ect.) Before selecting the shell and moving them apart so they don't overlap. With the UV map done I took a UV snapshot and opened it up in photoshop, where I inverted the image with CTRL + I, and changed the mode to multiply so I could create a layer below and add colour. I then made the UV map layer invisible and saved the image as a JPEG, before saving it into the source images and applying it as a new texture, lambert, file, and finding the image in the source images folder.







No comments:

Post a Comment