Tuesday 14 May 2013

Learning Curve


The Game Art Essentials module was by far the most difficult of the year in my experience, although I knew the basics of the Unity and Maya, I was using them was on a whole new level. I had a lot of trouble with UV mapping and getting my head round mapping the extrusions on both the barrel and tree exercises. I found the modeling relatively easy and importing textures to use in the hyper-shade menu no problem, but I also needed to create fire for the inside of my lanterns on the ship but the fire Unity provided was too large and could not be scaled down any further, so I had to create my own particle system and make it look like fire, this caused me alot of stress to begin with until i decided to youtube my problems and find online tutorial guides to help me through the process, most of my difficulties were resolved in the tutorial guides either provided or on YouTube. The other difficulty I had was the animation of the flag, I must have made at least five joint chain animations before I was happy with my outcome, but I think that’s how you improve your skills with a program you’re new to, just lots of practice and eventually you’ll get the hang of it, It did get frustrating at times but I persevered and I am very pleased with how my game level has turned out and I’m glad I’ve managed to hone my skills with the  programs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment