Sunday 19 May 2013

Captain America (Character)

I'm a fan of Captain America, but I was incredible displeased with the way he has been portrayed on the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far. I understand there is more than an element of patriotism in him, and in children s cartoons and games he's alot more clean, but the Captain America I know is much more like Jack Bauer from 24, he will serve his county but much more importantly he will do what is right, and sometimes that means getting your hands dirty. Honestly I saw more Captain America in Iron Man 3's Iron Patriot. I also was really annoyed with Captain America: The First Avenger, whilst I liked his costume in that film and the whole Captain America story-line they're using in M.C.U is obviously influenced by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting series it is supposed to be based in modern day, seeing all those lasers and huge steam-punk tanks looked ridiculous for something that should have been set in world war 2. That film should have been Saving Private Ryan with an injection of testosterone, its a shame he's everyone's least favorite in the Avengers when he should be the best character in there. The only thing they really got  right was the costume, and then in The Avengers it got swapped for some tight, brightly colored uniform, when everyone else was wearing armour and leather, Marvel have really screwed up Captain America in their cinematic universe, and I pray it will improve with Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

No comments:

Post a Comment