Saturday 28 February 2015

Researching the West: Director Gore Verbinski, Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Composer Hans Zimmer.

What this Director/Producer duo manage to create when they take on a genre is a very fun, family action adventure with plenty of comedy. However its not just the massive spectacle and drama of world that they manage to capture but also the essence of the genre, that a lot of directors somehow miss. They can have all the costumes, props and sets but miss what really makes the film feel like the genre. Both these films have soundtracks that give the films its tone but also give it its emotion, this is delivered by the one and only Hans Zimmer. These two franchises could easily be believed to be in the same universe, and this switching between genres with the feeling that it could be within the same world is something I would love to capture in my comic. Comics cannot have soundtracks, however I do listen to both of these as I work, and I find it really helps me get into the world of my characters. If ever I made a motion comic, website or something of the kind that needed music to fit, I would certainly look at Hans Zimmser's work for inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment