Wednesday 25 February 2015

Researching the map: Assassins Creed: Black Flag

Assassins Creed: Black Flag's environments are breathtaking, I was uncertain on how good the game would be as most of the time I assumed you would be restricted to the ship, or water. I didn't know how the free-running aspect of the game would come into play but it does. The pirate towns provide room for parkour, as do the tree's, temples, and ruins. All of these add a beautiful mythos to the land. Its video game environments like this that make you awe, that I find exiting. How people can be blown away by scenery that is not real, but also completely explorable. The underwater sequences give new life to the gameplay too. To be able to explore sunken ships is a really nice touch to the environments. I also liked how the colour palette of the game often changed, giving each section a new and exiting look.  







No comments:

Post a Comment