Monday 13 January 2014

Post

During Post production I came across many difficulties. Firstly the natural lens flares in after effects simply wouldn't do, it has to be artificial. I had a go at creating my own by following tutorials on YouTube but they didn't look as good as I would want them to be, so instead I downloaded an artificial lens flare plug in. I then customised these flares until I found something I liked. The next issue I had was the green screen, although I had tested it previously I wasn't getting a look I was entirely happy with, mostly I think due to shadows that should be on the arm, but weren't due to moving it for the green screen, so I decided to use another shot I had taken for back-up, and pen around the arm, then key frame it to fly. I then created a shadow by duplicating the layer and adjusting firstly the exposure, then the opacity, then the feathering. However I still had a problem, as the arm is supposed fly off the table, the shadow obviously did not follow the laws of physics, so I then had to go through adjusting the both shadows (one on the table, one on the floor) by the mask frame by frame. I also made the mistake of rendering our the footage with the arc reactor lens flare on and working over it (as my computer was lagging.) however I failed to foresee the problem, as I composed the arm on the image it appeared above the lens flare, so I had to create the same lens flare again, and mask it out so it appeared over the composed arm. I also had alot of trouble tracking the movements of the lights so I could add lens flares, the track matte would jump around the screen alot and loose the point of origin, so I ended up having to keyframe alot of it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment