Thursday 24 October 2013

The Mandarin Quotes

Here I have collected some quotes from the Mandarin in the film *Spoilers* before the character was completely ruined and revealed to only be an act, I love the way the character was interpreted until that moment, so I have only chosen to look at him before thenI will bear these quotes in mind when scripting.
  •  Mr Stark, Today is the first day of whats left of your life.
  • Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. America. Ready for another lesson? In 1864, in Sand Creek, Colorado, the U.S. Military waited until the friendly Cheyenne Braves had all gone hunting. Waited to attack and slaughter the families left behind. And claim their land. Thirty-nine hours ago, the Ali al-Salam Air Base in Kuwait was attacked. I did that. A quaint military church, filled with wives and children, of course. The soldiers were out on manoeuvres. The 'Braves' were away. President Ellis, you continue to resist my attempts to educate you, sir. And now, you've missed me again.You don't know who I am. You don't know where I am. And you'll never see me coming
  • A true story about fortune cookies. They look Chinese. They sound... Chinese. But they're actually and american invention. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in mouth. (smashes fortune cookie with fist)  My disciples just destroyed another cheap American knockoff: the Chinese Theatre. Mr. President, I know this must be getting frustrating, but this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry. The 'Big One' is coming: your graduation.
  • Mr. President, only two lessons remain. And I intend to finish this before Christmas morning. Meet Thomas Richards. [we see a man tied up and lying on the floor in front of the Mandarin]
    Good strong name, good strong job. Thomas here is an accountant for the Roxxon Oil Corporation. And I'm sure he's a really good guy. I'm gonna shoot him in the head, live on your television, in thirty seconds. [Richards starts crying, Mandarin points to the telephone placed next to him] The number for this telephone is in your cell phone. Exciting, isn't it? Imagining how it got there. America, if your president calls me in the next half-minute, Tom lives. Go. [Ellis makes the call, everybody watches as the phone next to the Mandarin rings, but he doesn't take the call, instead, he points his gun at Richard and shoots him] There's just one lesson left, President Ellis. So run away, hide, kiss your children goodbye. Because nothing, not your army, not your red, white and blue attack dog can save you! I'll see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment