Thursday 10 October 2013

Introductory Briefing Overview of Lecture Program


Grand Theft Auto V:
In the lecture they mostly discussed the release of GTA V
, which has managed to make more money than the highest ever grossing film in the first week.  They discussed if the promotional posters were simply targeting a specific audience of if the images they displayed were sexist, as the game industry is a big one and games have a very wide audience teenage boys are their biggest market, and while if I saw an advertisement of a model in a bikini it would not persuade me to buy the game in the slightest, I think the game is obviously good although I haven’t been on it, but the statistics show it all, I think it was unnecessary to advertise the game that way when they clearly have a lot of good points to sell it with, I don’t however think its sexist, a lot of posters show a shirtless man with muscles and a six pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment