Tuesday 3 March 2015

Designing the Map - Stage 2

After coming back together with Stuart, we decided this idea was the best route to follow. In this stage I wanted to start adding rives and lakes (blue) and forests (green) to the land. I also started adding locations, and sections to the land.  

Stage 2: Map 1
Here I decided that with the new layout and style, with what I would be looking into, if one of the older, closer maps would look better? but contained with more sea. I still didn't like it. 


Stage 2: Map 2
Here I carried on from my stage 1 designs. As the 'Center' land is Northern territory, I wanted to start showing this. I started by creating a divide between the West and East by the North as it reached down to the Centre land and South (the top of the South has already been infiltrated by the North, and creatures have been contained in the 'Prison' or 'Cage' in the centre world. I really liked this design but wanted to experiment further, and make the North more looming.


Stage 2: Map 3
In this design I wanted to give the impression that the North had a firm grasp on the Centre land. and that is was forcing the other continents away while still looming over the world, I also started adding details, such as where the king of the North would reside, and what part of the South had already been taken. I liked this and I was certainly on the right path, but something was still very off.


Stage 2: Map 4
Here I decided to make the map look more like it was attacking the other continents to claim its prize, relating to the animal kingdom through design. I liked this although I felt like North seemed weaker, so I tried again.  


Stage 2: Map 5
Here I finally came up with a design I liked, and after meeting up with Stuart again, we saw that our designs were looking very, very similar and so set on this kind of layout. We then took our designs to the next stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment